Events & News
Alta Badia is situated in the hearth of the Dolomites, UNESCO WORLD NATURAL HERITAGE, the inhabitants are Ladins and they speak Ladin. Rich in culture, traditions, religious rites, popular customs and with characteristic and genuine dishes Alta Badia consists of the villages Corvara, Colfosco, La Villa, San Cassiano, Badia and La Valle, which mean peacefulness, relax, adrenaline and views that take one's breath away.
- MARATONA DLES DOLOMITES, 138 km cycling-ride competition, 4190 m difference in height, a unique event worldwide.
- SELLA RONDA BIKE DAY, in June and in September, all roads to the four passes about the Sella group are closed to traffic.
- VAL BADIA JAZZ FESTIVAL, good music accompanied by tasty aperitifs.
- TRAIL RUNNING, a shocking run about the Sella group, 54 km and up to 4000 m difference in heights.
- THURSDAY IN CORVARA, pedestrian precinct from 7 pm, with music, shows and amusement for adults and children.
- ORIENTEERING, the so called sport in the wood with compass and topographic map with lay outs in summer, whereas in September it is an European race.
- CHRISTMAS MARKET IN CORVARA, Christmas Eve atmosphere in a village in the mountains.
- SKI WORLD CUP ALTA BADIA, on the ski slope "Gran Risa" the most spectacular giant race of the ski world cup tour contest,
- SLITTADA DA PAUR, folkloristic horse-drawn sled show
- TOUR DE SAS, spectacular and extreme hard alpine ski race,
- SELLA RONDA SKI-MARATHON, mountain ski race by night about the Sella Group with many international participants.
- SKIING WITH TASTE, a "Gourmet project" on the ski slopes of Alta Badia, with many typical culinary products of South Tyrol.